The UNIVERSIDAD POLITÉCNICA DE MADRID (UPM), through the Higher Technical School of Computer Engineers, and as head of the MASTER EMSE, makes use of the master’s and third-party cookies on the website.
By continuing with your web browsing , the user accepts the use we make of these. In any case, the user can choose not to use them by making the configuration settings indicated for their browser, which we list below.
What are the cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to a user’s connection device (be it a computer, a mobile device, tablet or others) when accessing most websites.
Cookies make it possible, among other things, to conserve and retrieve information that allows us to understand the browsing activity performed by a user during their visit to a website, so that those responsible for that site can detect possible improvements in the service offered, thanks to the statistical information collected. A cookie stores exclusively text, which is generally anonymous and encrypted.
A cookie is not a virus, nor a Trojan, nor spyware, nor spam. Cookies do not usually store sensitive information such as payment data or personal information, since the information they retain is of a technical, statistical nature and related to browsing preferences.
What types of cookies exist?
Cookies can be classified in different ways:
* Own cookies and third party cookies. Depending on who manages the website from which cookies are sent and the treatment of the data obtained is carried out. The own cookies are those generated by the website being visited and those of third parties are those generated by external providers or services as is the case with Google Analytics, Twitter, etc.
* Session cookies and persistent cookies. Depending on the validity or time that may be active in the user’s browser.
* Technical cookies, analysis cookies, personalization cookies, social cookies, advertising cookies and behavioral advertising cookies. Depending on the purpose or use to be made with the data obtained by these cookies.
What types of cookies do we use?
On this website we use our own and third party cookies. We use different types of cookies according to their purpose:
– Technical cookies: These are the most elementary cookies that allow the correct navigation to the user through a website and allow the use and choice of different options or services such as identifying a navigation session, being able to enter parts of the site with a Restricted access, being able to make a registration request, or having the possibility to share site content through social networks.
– Personalization cookies: These are cookies that make it possible for a user of a website to enter it with some predefined general characteristics on their device or terminal or that the user himself defines. For example the language or the regional configuration from where you access the website, among others.
– Social network cookies: These are cookies that make possible the integration and exchange of content with social networks. In our case, we use Twitter cookies due to integration with its feed.
Then we will detail in the following table each and every one of the cookies that requires our website:
|gadwp_wg_default_dimension, gadwp_wg_default_metric, gadwp_wg_default_swmetric||Google analytics||Analytics||third-party||1 year|
|__utma, _ga,||Google analytics||Analytics||third-party||2 years|
|__utmz||Google analytics||Analytics||third-party||5 months|
|_gat, _gid||Google analytics||Analytics||third-party||1 day|
|auth_token, remember_checked_on, twid||Social||third-party||7 years|
|personalization_id, _ga||Social||third-party||2 years|
|eu_cn, guest_id||Social||third-party||8 months|
Cookies configuration in the browser
Cookies are stored in web browsers and therefore, it is in these where the user must carry out the removal or deactivation of these.
The user of this website has, at all times, the possibility of configuring the options of your browser to reject the installation of cookies on your computer. This configuration is usually found in the preferences of the menu of each browser. To have more details of each case, we invite you to consult the instructions offered in this regard by the main browsers:
For Chrome, by visiting the link:
For Firefox, by visiting the link:
For Explorer, by visiting the link:
For Safari, by visiting the link:
In case you want to make any question or suggestion about our cookies policy, please contact us through the following address: email@example.com